The Swiss Benevolent Society London’s principal aim is to enhance the quality of life of fellow Swiss, old and young, from all walks of life, who are experiencing difficulties.
To fulfill its objectives the Society employs a welfare officer who
- Offers counseling, advice and support
- Advocates on behalf of clients with agencies, such as the Swiss Embassy, social services, benefit agencies and hospitals
- Helps to co-ordinate clients’ overall care
- Helps to arrange visits by volunteers at home, in hospitals and in nursing homes
- Provides financial help in emergencies or in the form of regular pensions
The Society’s income is derived from its return on investments, an annual Swiss government subsidy, donations, and legacies.