Swiss Benevolent Society Office Administrative Assistant
The Swiss Benevolent Society (SBS) is a Charity that has been operating since 1703. It helps Swiss citizens living in the UK with difficult personal issues such as financial hardship, bereavement, mental health, loneliness or poor physical health concerns. The public authorities try to assist whenever possible, but there are always situations where additional help is required, be it moral, administrative or financial support or advice. It is in these situations that the Swiss Benevolent Society can step in, to provide the appropriate support for our Swiss compatriots residing in the UK. We do this by offering a range of services to enhance an individual’s quality of life and wellbeing, through our Welfare Officer. www.swissbenevolent.org.uk
To assist the SBS Welfare Officer with office administration tasks one day a week or two half days a week, one half day / day being on Tuesday or Wednesday. This role is an ideal opportunity for working from home, with one day per month worked at the Swiss Church in London (Covent Garden) with the Welfare Officer. Flexibility regarding occasional additional working hours, e.g. annual general meeting.
Tasks will be:
- Database Management (MS TEAMS)
- Bookkeeping with QuickBooks
- Finance Processes in connection with: Aid Applications, Pensions and Donations
- Social Media, Website Management of Content
- Wellbeing Events Admin
- Attend Board Meetings & Record Meeting Minutes
- Annual General Meeting Administration
- Welfare Officer Holiday Cover
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and takes initiative
- IT skills: Excel, MS TEAMS
- Knowledge of Quickbook Software or other bookkeeping systems would be advantageous
- Knowledge of social media and website content management
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Swiss National Languages advantageous, but not essential
Start date: Ideally early September 2021 or by agreement
This is a salaried position.
All applicants must submit the following documents in electronic format:
- curriculum vitae;
- letter of application (in English);
- contact details of two referees.
The Swiss Benevolent Society is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all candidates who believe they fulfil the requirements of the position.
As the successful candidate will be in contact with vulnerable people a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will need to be presented as part of the application process.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will have to provide evidence of their immigration status.
No phone calls please; only those who are selected for interview will be contacted.
All application documents should be sent to email@example.com
by midnight on Tuesday, 6 July 2021 at the latest.
We look forward to receiving your application.