Swiss Settlement & Brexit Support

Brexit and settled status in the UK

Swiss citizens (and their family members) looking to remain in the UK beyond December 2020 will have to apply for settled status in the UK. This includes those with a British spouse and those who already have a ‘document certifying permanent residence’. 

If you have ‘indefinite leave to remain’, you do not need to apply but it may be advantageous to do so.

Applications are free.

For further information and FAQ’s, please visit the Embassy’s website here.