Swiss Benevolent Society’s Annual Tea Party at the Embassy – 2014Wednesday, July 9th, 2014
On 9 July 2014 the Swiss Benevolent Society hosted its Annual Senior Citizens’ Tea Party at the Swiss Embassy in London. A wonderful time was had by all (see photos above).
Alan P Martin
President of the Swiss Benevolent Society
Quotes copied from „Thank You“ letters
- I attended the Afternoon Tea with my son John. It was such a fabulous occasion, impressively organised, very much enjoyed.
- We felt royalty entertained with fun and games and offered the most delectable teatime fare any Michelin star restaurant would be proud to serve.
- My son and I were overwhelmed by the care taken to make the afternoon exceptionally memorable.
- The event seemed to be thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. The atmosphere in the room spoke volumes.
- I rarely manage to get out, so yesterday was an enormous treat for me, and the first time for years that I could come up to London.
- For me the songs reminded me of some happy occasions during my childhood.
- I particularly loved the sing along accompanied on your splendid grand piano.
- It was interesting to meet so many Compatriots and we both enjoyed the Afternoon Tea very much.
- Splendid Tea Party!
- As well as learning about the Swiss Benevolent Society, we had most interesting conversations with those sitting near us.
- It was good to speak to fellow compatriots.
- We enjoyed the Quiz to test our memories and general knowledge in a great variety of spheres.
- My friend Julie was delighted to win the Bingo price!
- Great goodies in the Swiss bag!
- I found the outing stimulating and wholly enjoyable, I am most appreciative of your warm reception.
- Please send me the form to complete to donate to the Society, under the “Gift Aid” scheme.
Selected and put together by Jeannette Crosier