Winter Holiday Journey – our sparkling virtual eventSaturday, December 12th, 2020
There was a sparkling turnout at the Winter Holiday Journey – our uplifting virtual event on Saturday 12th December.
Approximately 60 guests of all ages were formally welcomed by our special guest and SBS Patron, Ambassador Fasel. Followed by our host Chairman Suzanne Egloff, who guided the guests through the festive journey.
The first stop was a singalong to carols in multiple languages, with music performed by Benjamin Froelich. This was followed by a reading from Josh Kelly of ‘A letter from Santa to Mum’, which brought laughter to all. Finally, there was a surprise guest – yes, Santa Clause made a special stop for us all!
Our Welfare Officer, Petra Kehr-Cocks also gave a presentation with practical tips on Wellbeing, to help enter the New Year in good overall health. These include the following 5 points:
- Stay connected to people – phone calls, video calls, social media
- Talk about worries and feelings – doing so many help them too
- Support and help others – meeting others outdoors or joining community groups
- Look after your body – sleep, food, movement, physical activities
- Do things you enjoy – hobbies, relaxing, connecting with others
To close the event, we presented the opportunity for the guests (including the Ambassador, SBS Trustees and the Swiss Embassy Team) to interact by splitting into breakout rooms. These conversations continued into the night, as guests requested more time to meet, share and discuss with fellow Swiss.